I would like to thank you for your support in the last 18 months for this project. I am so excited that I am a finalist for the Tassie @AustralianoftheYearAwards for 2015. I am honoured to be considered amongst this great group of people. Can’t wait for the presentation on 30 October. http://bit.ly/1pagFLH Thank you so much Bridgette Watts
This Saturday is Fiesta and the pop-up garden in York Town Square from 12noon to 6pm. Lots of free fun for all the family
We have two more big events this Spring, Hobart Colony Share Day and Launceston Fiesta on George, Launceston. These are both free events where you can help build a garden and take home free seedlings to help start your own. We are looking for more scarecrows, community groups to be involved, and donations of materials. So if you think you can help let us know!
Colony Share Market- Hobart
– Thursday 16th October 11am-2pm, 432 Elizabeth Street
Come along and support this event for Anti-poverty Week, World Food Day and Fair Food Week. We will have a share market for skills, produce, seeds, materials. We will have our bank of free seed and seedlings to share. There are also some guest coming along to share their special skills
– 11.30 A compost demonstration by Hannah Maloney from Good Life Permaculture
– Talking Beans by Tanya Murray from Suburban Jubilee
– Worm farming by Nysha Munro from Avant Garden Tasmania
– Carving Fruit and vegetable sculptures by Sharon Sue
Fiesta on George- Launceston
– Saturday 18th October, 12noon-6pm York Town Square
There is a wonderful food and wine festival in George Street Launceston and we are doing a Pop-up patch in York town square. We are working with Feeding the Futures and the Royal Botanical Gardens to build a Pop-up patch and demonstration area in York Town Square. We have a few very special guest and events, but we are happy to have more, let us know
– No Dig gardening and hot compost by Marcus Ragnus from the Botanical Gardens
– Paper Pop-up garden construction by Urban farming Tasmania artists
– Scarecrow competition, entries allow right up until the day!
– Cooking demonstration by Chef from the vegetarian cafe, FRESH
– Community market and activity section run by community groups, more welcome!
– free spring seed and seedling giveaway!
– Seed swapping and saving by Heather Thorpe
– Worms by the Worm Wranglers of Launceston
– backyard chicken display
We would love volunteers for help with the set up at 10am and pack up 6pm. All the garden display will be donated to school and community gardens at 6pm so bring your trailer and take home some materials to help with the patch.
Starting tomorrow 11am the Collins Court Pop-up school Holiday activities. The garden days in the pop-up are below but there will be activities in the patch every day from 11am-12.30pm, its all FREE.
Thanks to the Hobart City Council, Us (Urban Farming Tasmania) and Hobart Mum’s Network
We are doing a pop-up patch for the school holidays in Collins Court, Hobart CBD. There are activities each day but we have three main events:
– 11am Tuesday 30th Sept the planting of the
– 11am Friday 3rd Oct seedling giveaway and
– 11am Tuesday 7th Oct garden chalk drawing
Please join us, bring plants, friends and family. We will bring the seed bank, lots of chalk and plenty of fun! Thank you to the Hobart City Council for this opportunity!
Please note the Pop-up patch Hobart will Start Tuesday 30th September at 11am with planting of the patch, there will then be seedling giveaway 3rd October and chalk drawing of the garden on 7th October and then the patch will be closed on 14th October! There are lots of other fun activities- see the poster below
Spring is a busy time we have 3 big events and 2 pop-up patches in the city, very exciting. Let us know is you would like to be involved or help!
30th September-14th October Pop-up Patch- Hobart 11-1pm we are doing a pop-up patch and lots of fun activities for the School Holidays in Hobart. come along to help, get involved and have some fun.
16th October Colony Share Market and workshops Celebrate World Food day and Anti-Poverty week! 432 Elizabeth St Hobart 10-2pm
18th October Fiesta Pop-up Patch Launceston 12noon-7pm We are building a pop-up patch for the Fiesta celebrations, yippppee